Humans.We.Are
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans.We.Are

In a small town, miracles are taking place. People here have powers like no other. They're being hidden from the government, so that they don't distrupt regular life. But something's stirring, a sinister plot that could led to the end of the world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Morning [open!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S.awyer
Admin
Admin

Summer Morning [open!] Empty
PostSubject: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:46 pm

"Sawyer." Someone was nuding me, making me close my eyes tighter. There was nothing I wanted more than just to sleep the day away. Wasn't that what summer was all about? Sleeping in to unbelievable hours?
"Saaawyer." This voice was different from the other, so there had to be more than one person in the room. In response, I curled up into a ball and groaned.
"SAWYER!" I opened my eyes just in time to see a converse come flying at my face. I rolled out of the way just in time, then picked it back up and chucked it at whoever was out there. They didn't seem to mind, for the three people giggled in response. Besides me Halloween, mu E.A, was grumbling about not being able to sleep in around here.
"Tell me about it," I muttered. Halloween purred.
"Who's out there?" I asked sitting up and strechting, my hands hitting the clothes hanging above me. I had fallen alseep in my closet...again. Halloween was strechting as well when she answered me with a snort.
"Those boys that you seem to enjoy being around, she muttered before strolling out of the closet. That created some noise outside.
"Is he coooming?" The way the person strechted out their words gave away that it was Parker. Someone snorted-Quinci.
"When will you stop talking like you have some mental disease?" Parker gasped in response to that, and Nigel butted in.
"Be nice, Quinci. If there's anyone to blame it's that damn Spencer kid on youtube," Giggles came right after that, obviously from Parker. I guessed that by now Quinci had his hands curled up into fists, trying hard not to punch Parker's face right off. Not wanting to explain to my mother why there was blood all over the carpet I decided that it was a good idea to come out. You know, to prevent any punching-off-of-faces. I crawled out of the closet and sat down to look up at them. They had all gathered on top of my bed that hadn't been used in forever, including Halloween. Nigel gave a grin when I looked up,
"Were you having fun in there?" He asked, still smiling. I didn't even have time to answer, for Parker had launched himself off the bed and now had me pinned to the ground.
"You're up, you're up, you're up!" He chanted. Today his hair was purple, matching his eyes, his Perez Hilton shirt, and the straps of his tripp pants. There was a good possiblity that I would have been trapped there all day if Quinci wasn't there to pull him off.
"Tell your mom I said to stop letting you load your ceral with sugar," Quinci whispered in his ear, only getting giggles for an answer. Pushing Parker back onto the bed, he then looked at me.
"And YOU need to stop closing your window. You don't know how long I had to hear 'Are you in yet? Is it open?' this morning," He instructed, smiling. I had to laugh at that one.
"Well maybe you need to stop crawling in through my window. What ever happened to going through doors like civilized human beings?" I had thought that that would get so laughs, but I was wrong. Instead Quinci groaned, while Parker looked down at his feet. I looked at all of them before keeping my gaze on Nigel, who sighed before answering my unsaid question.
"We, er, were going to do that...but Parker wouldn't let us. He's afraid of your mom." Oh. There was silence for a while, then Parker was hugging me tightly.
"I'm sorry Saw, next time we'll come in through the door," He whispered. I could hear the fear in his voice at the idea of might having to speak of my mother. I didn't really blame him-she was scary. Kissing the top of his head, I moved my hand through his hair to comfort him.
"S'okay, you can keep sneaking through the window. I really don't mind. Besides, Viola isn't even here." Parker let go of me to cock his head in confusion.
"She isn't? Where is she?" He asked, looking over at Nigel and Quinci to see if they knew about my mother's absense. They were just as confused as he was. Viola hardly got out-except to buy more beer, of course. But if it weren't illegal for me to buy it she would always be stuck on the couch. However, she ahd left last night and hadn't came back. I didn't really care if she DID come back. I didn't really care where she was or what she was doing. So I just shrugged in response to Parker's question. There was a few more minutes of silence before...
"YES! Whoot! Fridge raid!" We all watched Quinci run out of the bedroom, listening to him tromp down the stairs. Nigel laughed at that, shaking his head.
"Always thinking with his stomach..." He muttered, then got up off the bed. I pushed myself up off the floor, Parker doing the same. Parker kept on looking at me, then back to the door, then to me, then to the door. I sighed, knowing what he was thinking.
"You can go with Quinci. Make sure he doesn't eat everything," I told him. Parker beamed in delight before bolting after Quinci. I followed him, Nigel right behind me. Once down stairs Nigel drifted into the kitchen to make sure that Parker wasn't pigging out, too. I stood in the middle of the living room for a moment, debating what I should do. On one hand, I was pretty hungry. Breakfast sounded REALLY good. On the other hand, so did a cigarette...
"Be right back!" I called to my friends. Then, I looked around for my pants. Finally I spotted them at the bottom of the stair case, where I'd kicked them off last night before going to bed....well, curling up in my closet. I slipped them on, walked outside, and pulled a pack out of my pocket. I took one out of pack, stuck it in my mouth, then lit it. When was the last time I'd had one? It seemed like forever. It must have been forever ago, seeing as how it tasted even better than last time. Slowly, I took it out of my mouth and blew out the smoke, watching it float around in the air. I made my way slowly to the railing and leaned across it, looking at the few people below. I lived on the third floor, so I could clearly see the people below. Getting a bit bored with just leaning, I pulled myself up onto it and leaned against a column that supported the fourth story, closing my eyes as I took another puff.
Back to top Go down
https://humansweare.forumotion.com
Jeda Donias

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:58 am

A girl in apartment room eight heard a ruckus one floor above her and yawned softly. It was summer vacation! Noise+summer vacation...= Sawyer's friends had decided to wake him up. Said girl dressed in three quarter shorts and a mint green t-shirt that said: 'I <3 my Attitude!' She picked up a backpack with all her essentials for a day and grinned as she put her white gloves on. As quietly as possible, she went up to the fourth floor and coughed gently as she saw Quinci and Parker raiding the fridge. Yes my friends, this girl was the infamous Jeda Donias, aka: 'The girl who will kick your a$$ if you annoy her past common sense'. She put a gloved finger over her clear lipglossed lips and gave the 'Shh!' sign. Smokey jumped swiftly over to the balcony and made it look like she herself was smoking. Jeda coughed, trying to contain her laughter. She concentrated on the embers from his cigarette. The embers fell and she tapped him on the shoulder.
"Good Morning my dear! How did you sleep? Phew you having a cigarette...I'm going back inside to do some spring cleaning. But in summer!" She gently bit him on the ear and ran back into the apartment.
"Operation: F.O.S. completed. Freak Out Sawyer!" She said as she passed the kitchen and grabbed her backpack.
'Now...to do the bathroom! Which is where...?' She thought and mushroom sighed before sweat dropping and coming back to the kitchen. She put her backpack down and pouted before smirking and taking out her phone.
"Hey Parker, wanna chat to Coban? She says if I see you to call her...but cleaning isn't her thing. Oh well!" Jeda handed the phone to Parker and pressed the green phone symbol. On the third ring a sleepy voice came through the receiver.
"Jeda why are you calling so...AHHH! It's 12:30 already dammit, you couldn't wake me sooner? Oh...this is Parker isn't it? Sorry Hun, Jeda's my wake up person but. She. Neglected. To. Call." Coban seemed to be accusing Jeda in a funny anime scene, chibi versions of both girls. Coban's head seemed to be getting bigger with each words at the end of her speaking. As her head was getting bigger, Jeda was shringing and apologising profusely.
Back to top Go down
S.awyer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 pm

I sat there, my eyes closed, as I took another puff of the cigarette. The smoke always went straight to my head, pretty much wiping out my enhanced sense. I didn't know why, but cigarettes always did that to me. Them and any form of alchol. If I wasn't being impaired by the smoke that swirled around me I just might have heard Jeda coming. However, I didn't hear or smell her coming. There was a tap on my shoulder and my first thought was that it was Parker trying to show me how many marshmellows he could fit in his mouth or something along the lines of that. For a moment I debated on weither I should burn him with the end of the cigarette, but I quickly chose not too; with my luck it'd be someone like Quinci or even my mom who could hurt me. Shuddering at the thought, I turned and was immediatly surprised to find that it was Jeda. I blew some smoke the opposite direction of her and listened as she started speaking. Each time I started to answer one of her questions, she would just start talking again. When she got to the part about doing some spring cleaning in the summer I opened my mouth to say something about how much the apartment needed cleaning when she...bite my ear. Then she was gone. I lightly rubbed my ear, confused, and stared at the door that she'd dissapeared through. That was...slightly freaky. From inside I could hear my friends reacting to Jeda being there, mostly Parker. He gave a squeal before shouting,
"Saaaaawyer! Your girlyfriend is here!" I immediatly blushed, even though no one was outside with me. He'd pay for that. It was something that Parker found funny, referring to Jeda as my 'girlyfriend'. Not that that wouldn't be nice...
"And I think she wants us to clean!" I heard Quinci yell and chuckled softly. When it came to cleaning we weren't the best, well, except for Parker. He was one hell of a cleaner.
"Aren't you coming to save us?" Nigel called out next, making me remember that I was still outside. I dropped the bud onto the ground, smushed it with my bare foot, then walked inside. Nigel grinned when I walked in and was by my side in seconds.
"Sawyer to the rescue," I muttered and his smile strechted further.
"My hero."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I did a quick sweep of the house, mostly the kitchen. It hadn't been too destroyed; a couple containers of food spread across the counters and floor, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Parker was talking on the phone, Quinci had found my laptop and was snickering at something, Nigel was clinging to my left arm, and Jeda was apoligizing for something. Jeda...that reminded me instantly of her earlier comment about spring...er, summer cleaning. I dragged me and Nigel over to her, glaring slightly at him as he continued to hug my arm.
"Get off me," I muttered, still looking at Jeda but talking to the guy that had my arm in a bone-crushing hug.
"You know what to do," He replied and I rolled my eyes.
"Not right now. Right now, you need to get off my freakin' arm," I growled. He just shook his head.
"Nope. Not until you do it,"
"Don't make me get Quinci to remove you," I threatened. This time he obyed and released my arm.
"But you owe me two," He called out as he walked away. My mouth fell open.
"Two!? Why two?" I asked, but he was already sitting next to Quinci laughing away at whatever was on the screen. Nigel. I'd never understand that kid. Shaking my head, I turned my attention to Jeda.
"Are you really gonna clean this place?" I asked her. There had to be a catch. No one cleaned this place without a catch. Although, it really did need a good cleaning. The front room, the living room, whatever you wanted to call it, was the dirtiest room in the whole apartment, exluding my mother's room of course. It looked like it had been abandoned years ago, with dust all over the place and cobwebs hanging everywhere. Empty bottels lay all over the place; I was forbided to picking them up. In fact, I forbided to clean, period. It was like my mother enjoyed living in a pig pen. The only place I was allowed to touch was my bedroom. Everywhere else was off-limits. If I moved a bottle even a fraction out of 'place' the living daylights were beaten out of me. Which, ironically, had happened last night. I just moved something in the bathroom and -as if she had super hearing- she came zooming in to the bathroom and started yelling in what sounded like giberish. Then she'd thrown everything in the bathroom that she could get her hands on at me; razors, bottles of shampoo, bottles of gin, everything in the bathroom. Subconsiously I rubbed one of the scars I had gotten from a razorblade on my chest. They were starting to close up now, however I wished deeply that I had a shirt on to cover the new and old injuries.
Back to top Go down
Jeda Donias

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 am

She grinned as Parker announced her presence as Sawyer's "Girlyfriend" and she pressed a 5 dollar note into his hand.
"Why don't you buy something nice hey?" She said and patted Parker's hair gently. Her eyes traveled to Sawyer's chest as he came inside and her eyes widened a little in surprise. Jed got over it swiftly and was glad that she had swapped to her black gloves only a moment before. She walked over to him and pressed her lips to his as she touched the razor blade mark, trying to seal it shut before Sawyer noticed. She pulled her lips from his gently and smiled before nodding at his question of cleaning.
"That was your good morning present...personally, I think you should wake up more often." She grinned as she clipped a utility belt full of cleaning products around her waist. Her hair was put up in a messy bun and she eyed them all seriously.
"If you have no intent to clean, stay out of the way or lift things up for me okay? Oh, and Sawyer...if your mother wants to get iffy about the cleaning, tell her to come and see Benson. I'm sure Benson would love to have those scars explained to her." Her voice surprised her and she switched to the white fireproof gloves, she sprayed carpet shampoo on the carpet in the living room; which was the dirtiest place in the apartment. She opened every window possible and wore a face mask over her mouth and nose.
"Here, if you're staying...you'll need 'em. Powerful stuff I'm working with." She handed them a packet of the face masks and started scrubbing with a large brush, the type you use to wash your car. -insert colour of the carpet underneath the grime- The carpet was slowly starting to show its real colours. She stopped to move the couch into the hallway, her arm muscles only showing themselves slightly.

She sprayed the place where the couch had been, taking the stashed bottles of alcohol, some empty and some not, and shoved them into a neon blue plastic bag.
'I'll ask Thomas to disperse them afterwards.' She thought and scrubbed harder at the poor carpet, it was probably getting its first clean in ages. Her green-gold eyes narrowed as she saw a cockroach scuttle across the shampoo sprayed areas of the carpet. She picked it up without a second thought and shoved it in one of the bottles of booze, plugging the opening with her thumb. She shook it twice and the cockroach died by the second shake, it exploded in the bottle and the brown liquid then looked slightly more yellow than brown.
"Now that is an example of what your body might do eventually if you drink this cursed stuff a lot." She muttered to herself and noticed the packs of cigarettes. Sighing she picked up the empty packs and put them in her trusty plastic bag, handing the packs still in use to Sawyer and went back to work. Her hair had started to fall out of the bun when she growled and washed her gloves and redid her hairdo tighter.

She sprayed the final bit of carpet that needed shampooing and scrubbed hard at that. She heard a cough and noticed that Nick had dropped off the special vacuum cleaner that only had one purpose, to suck up all the shampoo from the carpet, and rinse the carpet while it was at it. Her hands reached it and she grabbed the savior of a thing and went around with it, vacuuming up the shampoo. It was fun! She allowed a giggle of delight to come out of her mouth and stretched her arms to the ceiling once she'd finished the vacuuming.
"Wow! This is so fun! Hmm, what should I do next? By my calculations, your bathroom is right above where mine is down below in number 8?" She grinned happily as she took the mask off and strode into the bathroom, before coming out and sticking her head around the wall.
"You really should clean up the blood stains on the floor before visitors come over...it smells like rust and salt in there. Heh, oh well. Anything you don't want me to chuck out or see, remove now before I find them." She folded her arms and leaned against the wall with a drink bottle of water in her hand, taking a couple of gulps and waited for Sawyer to remove the stuff he didn't want her to see from the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
S.awyer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 pm

Parker giggled as Jeda put the money into his hand, then closed his fingers around it. I chuckled lightly; he always got overly excited when someone gave him money that he could call his own. His parents used to give him an allowance until they found out he was using it to buy sweets instead of saving it for something useful like they had told him to do.
"Thanks Jeda!" He shouted to her before turning back to the phone.
"Coban! Guess what! Jeda just gave me FIVE dollars!" He squealed into the phone, sounding like he had just won the lottery rather than have been given a couple dollars. Oh well. My attention was turned away from him as Jeda came walking over to me, and I smiled without even knowing that I was doing it. The minute her lips touched mine I totally forgot about anything else. I hardly heard Parker 'oooooh' dramaticly and was only semi aware of Jeda burning one of the cuts closed.
"Aww, but sleeping's so much fun," I teased in reply to her 'you should wake up more often' comment. Over on the couch, Quinci laughed.
"And you're rather good at it, expessialy if it takes throwing things at you to wake you up," Quinci commented and I just rolled my eyes. Although, they weren't quiet done.
"It'd be easier if you slept in your BED instead of your closet with your little kitty cat guarding the door," Again I rolled my eyes, chuckling when I heard Halloween hiss at him. She didn't like being called my 'kitty cat', which was the only reason Nigel referred to her as that. Nigel and Halloween started going at it like they always did, but I wasn't paying attention to them. Jeda was talking. I nodded at the first part, knowing that I'd have to keep Nigel and Quinci out of her way while she cleaned. Parker could possibly help if he got over the five dollars, but other wise he'd need removing too. I was still trying to figure out how to get Parker out of the way while she cleaned [throw a couple more dollars out the door?] when Jeda's voice broke through my thoughts.
"Oh, and Sawyer...if your mother wants to get iffy about the cleaning, tell her to come and see Benson. I'm sure Benson would love to have those scars explained to her." I winced at the words, not saying anything. Instead I just folded my arms protectivly across my scared chest, as if doing that would erase the noticable bruises and scars. I watched in silence as she started on the carpet, staring at her. I stayed perfectly still, only moving when she handed over a packet of face masks. I got one out for each of us then handed them to the other guys, putting one on myself as well. Nigel and Quinci were standing next to me now since Jeda had moved the couch, and they laughed at the sight of each other. Suddenly Quinci stopped laughing and turned to Nigel, a serious look on his face.
"Dr. Perish! Our patient appears to be-" He paused to add dramatic effect, "Half naked!" I rolled my eyes and tried to step away from them, but Nigel grabbed onto my shoulders.
"Oh my! You appear to be right, Dr. Everheart! We must operate immediatly!" My eyes widened, knowing where this was going to.
"Hellll, no!" I exclaimed, backing away from them. They came toward me with slightly evil smiles on their faces. Then I was pounced on. They pushed me onto the just-been-scrubbed carpet. Nigel held me down while Quinci pulled off his own shirt, then shoved me into it. They got up, wiping their hands together and examined me when I got back up.
"You're gonna pay for this," I muttered, looking at myself too. The shirt was a couple sizes too big, so I looked like I was lost inside it. They didn't mind, they just kept laughing.
"Actually, you're going to pay for this. That's 20 bucks each, pay up," He held out his hand, grinning as I growled.
"If you think I'm going to-" I began, but was interupted by Nigel's gasp.
"Dr. Everheart! Now YOU'RE half naked! Must...operate...immediatly!" Quinci was tackled, letting me off the hook. I slid out of his shirt and focused my full attention back on Jeda. She was killing a cockroach with a bottle of Jack Daniels that still had some in it. The cockroach exploded in the bottle, making me make a disgusted looking face at how it now looked. No one would drink it now...An idea popped into my head at that thought, and I smiled to myself as I strided over to Jeda and took the bottle.
"Mind if I have this?" I asked, not really caring what her answer would be. Either way I was taking it. This bottle was for my mother to drink when she got home, the bottle of Jack Daniels with dead cockroach in it. Brilliant. Glancing around, I smiled at how well the carpet was looking, frowned when I spotted a bag with what looked like bottles in it. And some of them were still full! She couldn't waste perfectly good alchol like that! I had the powerful urge to rip open the bag and take out all the bottles with at least a sip left in it but managed to not do that. So I just set the Jack Daniel's bottle that would go to my mother on the floor next to the bag and contiuned to watch Jeda scrub. Occasionaly she would hand me a useable pack of cigarettes which I would stuff into the pockets of my tripp jeans. By then she was going around with a vaccum cleaner that was doing a terrific job getting up the shampoo. I laughed when Jeda giggled, finding it rather amusing that she was having fun. When she finished vaccuming I looked around the room, surprised. It hardly looked like the room I was use to, way too clean. I liked it. Who cared if Viola was going to throw a tantrum when she got home? I could always dissapear and hang out at someone else's hosue until she got over it.
"This isn't my carpet. It's too clean," I joked, incredibly happy with how the living room now looked; like an actual living room. That is, I was happy until Jeda mentioned the bathroom. It hadn't been cleaned last night after the whole fight, so the last I'd seen it there was blood on the floor and everything was strewn around. She went into the bathroom while I stayed out here, hoping that she'd come back out. She did. Before I could explain what had happened, she suggested that I got anything that I didn't want her to see out of there. I nodded once before running into the bathroom and quickly picking up a few of the things that were on the floor. The shampoo had came open and squirted all over the place, but I ignored that and went straight to the razors. There was dried blood on them and on the floor, dried blood that I couldn't just wipe up even though I tried incredibly hard. I sighed and settled on just picking them up and putting them in their right place before coming out, rubbing the back of my head in embarrasment.
"Sorry about the blood," I told her. Although, I immediatly regretted saying that so loud.
"W-w-what? You have blood in your bathroom?" Parker squealed, his face turning paler with each word. I shook my head.
"Nah," I lied. He didn't look like he belived me, but he didn't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Jeda Donias

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:10 am

Jeda grinned a little as Sawyer finished collecting the things he didn't want her to see. Just to make sure he wouldn't go through the blue garbage bag full of alcohol bottles, she evaporated the booze into the atmosphere. The bottles were soon empty and she quirked an eyebrow at the cockroach's bottle. She heated it enough to get rid of any germs from the cockroach. Unfortunately, the cockroach was only half dead and still squirming in the alcohol. Jeda made the alcoholic liquid bubble with intense heat, cooking the cockroach and making the booze evaporate to half of what it was before.
"The only alcohol left in this apartment is the one with the cockroach in it. Check the expiry dates on the bottles, you'll thank me for it. Some of them were 3 years over their expiry dates." She took out the mirror cleaning spray and sprayed it on the mirror above the sink. The white streaks washed away as she wiped the reflective surface with a damp cleaning cloth. Soon the mirror was reflecting her image without a streak in sight.

She took the soap scum and lime scale cleaning spray and scrubbed out the shower and bath tub(assuming they have a bath tub?). The only things she had to do now, was clean up the floor, sink and toilet. She quickly scrubbed out the toilet and let the toilet cleaner flush down the pipes, taking everything else in there with it. She smiled in satisfaction and came out to get her portable mop from her bag, assembled it and borrowed a bucket. She put disinfectant in the bottom of the bucket before filling it up with hot water from the shower-head. She dunked the mop in the water and rested the handle on the wall while Jed cleared up the shampoo and conditioner off the tiles. She threw the used paper towel pieces in another plastic bag, before mopping the floor and turning on the fan. She was about to close the door and let it dry on its own when she slipped on some conditioner she'd missed cleaning up. Jeda automatically did a 180 degree turn in mid-air and her arms caught her weight. Gasping for air, she rolled onto her back and waited till she had caught her breath. Jeda's breathing quietened and she levered herself up onto her elbows. Her limbs heaved and she sprang up a little too fast and smacked her head into the door.

Her voice didn't sound as she fell on the bucket and mop. The water evaporated before it hit the floor and she rolled under the sink this time. The bucket was smashed and she got up gingerly, testing each possible spot for injury. She felt a trickle of warm liquid coming down the right side of her eyebrow. She turned and surveyed her face in the mirror. A cut about half an inch long sliced across the edge of her right eyebrow, the source of the blood. She cleaned it up and smacked a band-aid on it. Grumbling and muttering under her breath as she used another sheet of paper towel on the conditioner and her shoe.
"Stupid lousy bugger of a hair product!" She cursed the conditioner and came out with the busted bucket and started repairing it, melting the edges and forced them to meet and seal together.
"There! Good as new! Now...where to go and clean next? Hmm, tempting to see Sawyer's room..." She trailed off as Leo came into the living room, a young beautiful black tom now. Jeda bent her head to his level and patted his head.
"You should be playing with Tobie and Coban. They were with you...right? Oh no, that means..." Jeda froze as a girl with silver-white and light blue streaked hair tackled her.
"Good morning! Jeda, I wanna help clean! Can I help? Please? Hello Quinci!" Tobie grinned as Jeda returned her hug and Tobie rummaged in her pocket, pulling out a stick of gum and putting it in her mouth.
"Yum! Bubblegum flavour! But I can't say that I like the colour much until it goes paler." Tobie blew a bright pink bubble before deflating it and looked at Jeda's band-aided eyebrow.
"Yo Jed, what's with the eyebrow? Knock your head on somethin'? Hey guys, here to help with the cleaning, Nick's at home taking care of Jack, who gets a bloody cold in SUMMER?" Coban smirked with red lipglossed lips and Tobie grinned with clear glossed ones.

Tobie looked the place up and down before her grin widened.
"I'll get started on the ceilings! Jed, pass me the old towel and wall cleaners!" Tobie smiled as she slipped off her shoes and socks, stepped on the wall and started walking up it, half freezing her footholds as she went. The ice girl looked down at them from the ceiling and smirked.
"Jeda, you should dye your hair red or blonde or black...not all three!" Tobie teased before hiking up the waistband of her jeans and tightening her belt.
"If I start showin' just tell me, m'kay Coban?" She giggled cheekily before getting to work with vigorous enthusiasm. It was a peculiar sight to see a girl, half frozen to the ceiling. You half expect her to fall, but don't want to be the one to catch her...after all, she might be heavy. Tobie was halfway through the ceiling when she slipped off her footholds. Luckily she encased her hand in ice and stuck to the ceiling again. Coban was busy in the kitchen when she looked at the clock. 12:30 in the afternoon as if on cue, Jeda came out and her mouth curved in a small smile.
"You guys better come downstairs for lunch, or in Sawyer's case, breakfast. We have well...we'll see when we get down there. Take off all items of clothing that is dirty, except for underwear and the like." Jeda beckoned the boys and her two female friends out the door. Tobie giggled and chimed in.
"It'll be a sad day when they all get sopping wet and Jeda won't let them in if they're all muddy. Besides, the only boys that aren't scary are Jacky and Quinci. Still not sure about you with the blue hair yet. Any way, I BAGS THE FIRST THREE NUTELLA SANDIES(Note: 'sandies' is short for sandwiches.)!!!" Tobie tore out of Sawyer's front door and took the stairs two at a time, only stopping to turn gracefully and keep running into number eight's abode. Coban and Jeda looked at each other before it clicked... Nutella!
"GET AWAY FROM OUR NUTELLA YOU LITTLE PIXIE!" They yelled and raced each other down the stairs, Leo seemed to raise an eyebrow at them and Smokey came to the door.
"You silly little kit, your young master Asher is waiting for you in number eight. He has a present for you. Oh, hello Sawyer. I didn't know you lived so close...LEO! Don't shove your paw in there! Leave the drunk cockroach you silly kit! Move your tail you silly boy!" Smokey took her eyes off the curious young tom for one second and then had to get his paw out of the bottle with the dead cockroach. She smiled a cat-like smile before loping over to Nigel and dubiously eyed his chest and sweat dropped.
"No wonder the girls are making a racket, Coban almost had a heart attack when she came in. Girls are girls, but boys shouldn't run around half naked. Nice body though, if I say so myself. Ahem, any way...get down there before they eat the fridge as well! Go! Go! Go!" She held a mysterious glimmer in her pale blue eyes as she padded out of the apartment and down to no. 8, closely followed by Leo.

Tobie Newman

The ice girl put her Ipod in its speakers and turned up one of her remixes. Her eyes shone as the other two came through the door and started singing and dancing along. Tobie rolled her dark blue eyes and shrugged, Asher, her brother of 13 years sat on the couch quietly. His steel grey eyes regarded them with something akin to warmth, sparkling in the metallic depths. His hair looked washed out and drained of its colour in that light. Asher rolled his eyes at Tobie and she came and sat next to him, giving him one of her three Nutella sandwiches.
His position shifted and the sun hit his blonde hair properly as he slung his arm in a brotherly way around Tobie's shoulders.
"Your hair looks better this way, silver, white and light blue suit you. Here, your ponytail has slipped out of the elastic." He was always a quietly spoken boy, Tobie'd noticed that a few days after she had moved in. But she didn't mind, they were as close as siblings of the opposite genders could be. She knew that Asher had had a family once, she knew she'd come from somewhere...but she couldn't remember where. She slung her remaining arm around his shoulders and crossed one leg over another.
"Hey Asher, what do you have for Leo?" Tobie asked, curiosity gleaming in the dark sapphire depths of her eyes.
"A toy...you know the one in the pet shop, the black and pink one. Black and green wouldn't match him. But it would match you three, if there was a green and black dress in your size. I would definately buy it for my darling sister." He replied simply and leaned back in the couch.

"Hey look, here come Smokey and Leo!" Tobie stated as the she-cat and young tom loped into the apartment and flopped over the fluffy carpet. Asher stretched out his legs in a totally relaxed position. He couldn't help them upstairs...he would nullify their powers, but not on purpose of course. That was his power...Nullification of others' powers.
Back to top Go down
S.awyer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 pm

'The only alcohol left in this apartment is the one with the cockroach in it.' Well that was just great. I cursed a bit under my breath, knowing that when Viola came home, whenever that was going to be, that the first thing she was going to do was raid the fridge for any form of alcohol. Oh well; I'd just get someone to buy me some later. I watched Jeda clean for a little, but soon I drifted back out into the living room. All three of my friends were curled up on the couch, looking at my laptop. Seeing as Parker was the one holding it, I pretty much knew what they were looking at. Especially when Quinci muttered,
"Can't we look at something other than his stupid articles about himself?" Parker was, as obvious as it was by his shirt and flip flops (I can't find the matching flip flops but it basically looks like the shirt), obsessed with some guy named Perez Hilton. Every time he got a hold of my laptop that's the only thing he looked at - Perez's gossip website. I walked over there and stared at some article about David Beckham for a few minutes, though was entirely thrilled when Jeda came walking out of the bathroom. If I'd had to read one more sentence about how "ah-mazing" the soccer player was, I would smash my own laptop into a million pieces. I turned my attention to her, not getting up from the couch, watching as she fixed a banged up bucket. I noticed the band-aid on her eyebrow and was just about to ask her what happened when a black tom, Leo, came strolling in. My had he gotten big! The last time I'd seen him he'd been rather small. Halloween, who had curled up on my lap, looked up at the smell of another cat and watched him with interest. Her head snapped to the doorway minutes later, so I glanced that way also. A girl around Parker's age came in and Halloween immediately settled back down. It was just Tobie. Quinci looked up when she said his name and smiled at her. He thought Tobie was sweet. We all -well, Quinci, Nigel, and I. Parker was still too busy with his precious Hollywood gossip to pay attention- watched Tobie was she cleaned the ceilings. Nigel was constantly gasping, afraid that she would fall. I was pretty sure she knew what she was doing. Soon, Jeda came in and announced that it was lunch time. The instant she said the word I remembered just how hungry I was. Parker finally looked up at the mention of food and closed the laptop, jumping up. The three of us got up also, exchanging glances when she said to take off any dirty clothing. I stayed put; my jeans were clean enough, right? Quinci was the only one to completely strip down, except for the underwear of course. Nigel and Parker just took off the shoes they had been wearing. Parker could have been willing to take off more, but something Tobie said stopped him.
"What!? You're saying that me, the cute little boy with the most awesomest hair ever is scarier than the big, huge, totally scary dude with a bazillion piercings all over that incredibly frightning face?" He was about to chase after them when Quinci grabbed a hold of his shoulders and spun him around.
"So, I'm scary?" Quinci asked, giving one of his most menacing smiles.
"Er...well, you see...RUN!" With that, Parker wiggled out of his friend's grasp and went dashing out the door. Quinci followed him while Nigel and I stayed, shaking our heads slowly.
"That's what I get to live with." Nigel sighed. Quinci and Parker spent 99.9 percent of their time over at Nigel's house. I was just glad I wasn't there when they were. I walked out the door, leaving Nigel in there. He'd catch up later. When I was reaching for the door to apartment number 8, he came jogging towards me.
"I just got complimented by Jeda's cat," He told me, and I chuckled to myself. That was humurous. I pulled open the door and was immediatly greeted by music, all four of the girls dancing along, and Parker singing the song to Quinci with much enthusiasium.
"I don't wanna forget you
I don't even wanna try
How am I supposed to walk on by when you're looking like that?
Quinci was looking at him as if he were some person claiming to be his long lost brother with absouletley no prove - one eyebrow raised as if he were questioning Parker's sanity, and his mouth twitched into the start of a growl.
"If you keep on singing, he's going to tear out your tounge," I warned Parker and he instantly stopped.
"Geez...you guys have no fun!" He told us three boys, who all rolled our eyes.
"That's what we're here for,"
"Well...I'm going over to Coban now!" Quickly, he ran over to Coban and flung his arms around her waist, sticking out his tounge at us.
Back to top Go down
Jeda Donias

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:41 am

Jeda smiled as she boys came in and Coban was hugged around the waist. Jeda herself giggled and looked up as Tobie noticed Parker's arms around her sister's hips. The younger girl stiffened visibly and got up off the couch, Asher smirked gently and twitched an eyebrow at Jeda.
"I would take your arms away from Coban if I were you boy. Oh no...here we go!" Asher rested his head in his hands and sighed. Tobie smiled in something akin to barely concealed anxiety as she looked at Parker. Before clearing her throat and fingering the crystal arrowhead around her neck.
"Jeda, may I have another sandwich? Peanut butter and honey please?" Tobie swallowed thickly and avoided eye contact with everyone except for Asher, Coban and Jeda.
"Aw! Poor baby, of course you can...it'll help you forget about, you know." Jeda took the other girl's hand and lead her into the kitchen, shutting the door as she went.
"Parker reminds me of Shawn so much...it hurts, thats all. It's like when Parker's smiling at me, Shawn seems to be. Why did Shawn have to die? It was only a traffic a-a-accid-dent...UWAAAAAAAH!" Tobie's voice started to fail her until she started sobbing and crying loudly into Jeda's shirt. Asher nodded to Coban, who slipped into the kitchen after the other two. Tobie quietened a little as Coban started to sing. She released her hold on Jeda's shirt a little, Jeda joined in the song too. Tobie only sobbed softly and listened to the calming song that they sang unaccompanied. A small smile blossomed on her lips and she wiped her tears away as she began to join in the singing. She sounded like a younger girl singing, high and haunting.

Coban smiled gently and then stole the last Nutella sandwich, but knocked over a small music box (but it has a photo in the place of the cross) in the shape of an egg. Jeda put her hands out to grab it, but failed and crashed to the floor. The music box was still flying when metal enveloped it and it bounced off the fridge with no dents in either the music box or fridge. An irritated Benson came in through the kitchen door and looked at the mess in the room.

Olivia Benson

"Out of the kitchen, now! I leave you home for three days and this is what I come home to?" Benson frowned seriously before dumping her handbag in her room and coming out, dark brown eyes locked on Asher.
"Hello Benson." He smiled gently at her, his eyes glittering a molten silver.
"Why hello there...you feeling all better now? Heard that you got a nasty fever last month." Benson smiled in return and put her hands on her hips.

Summer Morning [open!] 071026_NM02mariska_vl-vertical

"Why was your mother's music box almost smashed? You know not to keep it there Jeda." Benson sighed in frustration as Jeda picked the music box up off the floor and mumbled something.
"Huh? What was that?" Benson asked warily, but Jeda seemed to think that Benson was patronizing her.
"My real mother always kept it in the kitchen, she only ever moved it when she wanted to clean it. Now if you'll excuse me I have an apartment to clean!" Jeda growled viciously and Benson's face went expressionless. Benson cleared her throat and swallowed thickly before going into the kitchen and starting to clean up.

Jeda

Jeda bolted up the stairs, but stopped on the landing. Her head was pounding and her fever had risen. Her breaths grew into pants and she walked into Sawyer's apartment, collapsing on her back in the middle of the living room. Jeda's cheeks were flushed from what she had thought was anger, but it was because her temperature was rising at an alarming rate. Leo came padding into the room and licked her salty sweat off her face, with what she thought was an ice cold tongue. He bristled in alarm and was gone in a flash, jumping wildly down the stairs three at a time. Moments later Asher came running up the stairs and checked her temperature.
"It'll be okay, I'll just go get Coban and Tobie alright? Just stay right there." His voice washed over her and her eyes slipped shut, her nod was barely noticeable as he crept from the room. Before Asher was even halfway down the stairs, Smokey was on her way up. The light grey cat met him halfway.
"Go tell the others, she's just got a fever...but it feels like something's wrong." Smokey mewled and bolted up the rest of the stairs. The pale blue eyed she-cat nuzzled her feverish mistress before curling up next to her left shoulder, monitoring Jeda's condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Morning [open!]   Summer Morning [open!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Morning [open!]
Page 1 of 1